Employment practices liability insurance helps to protect your business from damages associated with legal liability due to violations of an employee’s civil or other legal rights.
Typically these claims include the following
- Wrongful termination
- Sexual harassment
- Hostile environment
- Failure to employ or promote
- Wrongful discipline or demotion
- Mismanagement of employee benefits
- Privacy violations
- Infliction of emotional distress or mental anguish
- Violation of the Family Medical Leave Act or other such laws
This policy is set up not only to resolve and pay claims for the actual damages or judgements, but EPLI policies offer payment for legal defense costs in connection with an alleged or actual claim. Legal costs in these cases can be substantial even if there is no wrongdoing.
Allow one of our commercial insurance specialists to add this coverage to your business insurance portfolio at the lowest cost possible!