Dental insurance provides coverage in a similar way to how medical insurance works. In return for a monthly rate, the dental insurance company will provide benefits such as regular check-ups, cleanings, x-rays, and many more services which are required to promote good dental health.
You are able to design a plan, for you and your family, as basic or as comprehensive as you desire. For example, some of the more basic plans offer dental discounts for dental services and some of the more comprehensive plans will provide much broader coverage for things like oral surgery, orthodontia or dental implants.
When searching for the right dental plan, consider the following
- What is the cost of the plan, monthly, quarterly, annually?
- Is there a deductible associated with the plan? If yes, once I meet the deductible, how much would the coverage pay for my dental procedures?
- Does the plan have a network of dentists which I will be required to go to?
- Would the plan offer any coverage is I used a dentist who was not in the plan's network?
- Are there any waiting periods for any of the procedures covered?
Allow one of our licensed and experienced agents to work through all these considerations to find the plan that fits your needs!